How to Clean Pewter…
Let’s chat about how to clean pewter jewelry. I swear it’s my fave! And you really only need 3 easy peasy household ingredients.
Well, hell, all jewelry is my fave really. But seriously, pewter is the easiest of all. And it’s the reason I wear it every day and just love it so, very much. Low maintenance is a high priority for this busy mom of 2 + teacher by day + super star tennis player, but I could ramble on and on. Let’s get to the good stuff!
Click play on the video below to get the low down on how to clean pewter jewelry, not like drop it like it’s hot, but all the details, silly. 😉
Click play now.
Here’s a Recap on how to clean pewter:
- To clean: use a damp cloth with a small amount of mild soap and warm water. Rub gently to remove any dirt, rinse thoroughly, dry, and enjoy!
- You will rarely need to polish your pewter jewelry, but if you feel you need more shine and luster, be sure to buy polish specifically made for pewter silver. I have never polished my pewter pieces and both of my necklaces are over 5 years young. 🙂
- Always remove your pewter jewelry when showering, applying lotions or perfume, swimming, or during sporting activities or working in the yard.
- Be sure to store your pewter jewelry in a soft cloth, jewelry box, or airtight baggie.
- Pewter will not tarnish like sterling or plated silver. Can I get a whoop, whoop?! 🙂
And better images of the pewter pieces I showed ya in the video that are available in my online shop:
I hope you learned something from this video and had fun, too. If you didn’t stay until the end, you need to go back in.
Seriously. Go back in.
The last 78 seconds are so fun! Lemme know in the comments if you know who that rap artist is! 😉
Psssttt: Need to know how to take care of your sterling silver jewelry? You can find how-tos here: 4 Misconceptions Resolved About Sterling Silver Jewelry
And here is information on how to take care of your silver plated jewelry: Reasons to Love Silver Plated Jewelry | Debunking the Myths