Marketing, oh mama, how it makes my palms sweat!
I am super stoked to be going to San Francisco (in 1 week…..squeeee!!) to sit on the front row of April Bowles-Olin’s Creative Live class-Double Your Followers with Creative Marketing. I love writing, love designing jewelry, and love playing around on social media. But when it comes to marketing…I quickly begin to look and feel like a “deer in the headlights.”Marketing makes me feel like a 'deer in the headlights'. Click To Tweet
Well, thank goodness for April Bowles-Olin! She is teaching a live class on the very topic that makes me feel sweaty and uncomfortable. Soon I’ll be flying like a unicorn through the fluffy clouds of marketing land.
So what exactly makes me feel icky about marketing? I’m so glad you asked! Here we go (deep breaths)….
- Lack of time– I struggle to balance designing jewelry and all the steps involved in getting it ready for my website along with homework time with my 10 year old, playing tennis, and spending quality time with my family.
- Creating good content to curate for my blog that resonates with my readers-The web is noisy and peeps are busy. If someone is going to take a few minutes from their busy day to read my blog, they want relevant and interesting stuff that helps them in some way.
- Perfectionism-This is a big one! I hesitate to post things because “they’re not ready” or “not perfect”. I spend a lot of time fine tuning things, rather than simply sharing my designs, expertise, or thoughts.
- Lack of focus-I struggle with the ideal, “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.” As a result, I feel like I’m all over the place without focusing on one thing well. (Think social media…there are so many platforms!)
- Self-depreciating attitude-Who do I think I am? Why would someone buy from me? Why would they watch me on Periscope.TV? Why would they read my blog?
- Lack of an effective marketing strategy-This circles back to the top ‘lack of time’ issue. And overwhelm-where do I even begin?
I have been a fan of April’s for many years, and I have total confidence in her ability to teach me to knock these struggles to the curb! She’s a pro! I can’t wait to learn, grow, and build everlasting connections!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram (@jewels.bytrish) for Behind the Scenes photos from the Creative Live studio audience and photos of beautiful San Francisco!If you need some mad marketing skills, RSVP for April's FREE Marketing course, too. Click To Tweet
And see me, along with April, live!
“This post is a part of the Double Your Followers blog tour to spread the word about April Bowles-Olin’s upcoming CreativeLive course. Does hearing the word ‘marketing’ make your armpits start to drip with anxiety? Are you terrified of sounding salesy or like you have the personality of a dead blowfish? If so, come join me and 2,500+ entrepreneurs who’re taking April’s latest CreativeLive course, Double Your Followers with Creative Marketing. You can RSVP and watch for FREE. Yep, free. High fives, wildflowers, wine samples. Who doesn’t love free?”